How do we collect information
The information we collect is done automatically through out your usage of the Bookly app. This information is collected through third party services and used to improve the features we offer and your experience in the app.
Information we may collect from you
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Bookly app, to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Bookly app. All information we collect is anonymous and can’t be used to identify you. Information is used and collected as follows:
In order to offer you the best possible service, we track anonymous Device Information like operating system, device type, and system performance information. This helps us identify bugs and better understand how they appear in regards to those Device characteristics. We store this information using third party mobile technologies as described below( in the “Third party mobile technologies tracking” section).
Collaboration with third-party data collectors
We also may partner with certain third parties to collect, analyse, and use some of the information described in this section. For example, we may allow third parties to use an application software development kit (SDK) to collect information. An SDK is a section of code that we embed in our mobile app to allow third parties to collect information about how users interact with the app. The information collected by third parties using these technologies may be used for a variety of purposes, including analytics and targeted interest-based advertising, as discussed below (see the section entitled “Third party mobile technologies tracking”).
De-Identified Personal Data
In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Bookly App, we may conduct research on our end users’ demographics, interests and behaviour based on the anonymous information provided to us. This research does not identify you personally. We may share this de-identified data with our affiliates, agents and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics (which also do not identify you) in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
Third party mobile technologies tracking
Bookly app uses GDPR compliant third-party technologies to automatically gather anonymous information about your activity within the app in order to improve the service by detecting bugs and app improvement opportunities as well as for marketing and statistical information. Information gathered by these technologies are not stored in any way by the Bookly app only by the third-party services used. The shared aggregated information and non-identifying information with third-party services is for industry research and analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes. All the third-party services used in the app as well as their purpose are described below:
- Facebook API – Used to gather anonymous user behavioural data such as interests, hobbies, likes, in order for us to better understand our users and be able to market the app to users with similar interests. No information that could identify you is shared with us without your consent.
- Google(Firebase) – Used to gather information for analytics purposes in order to provide the best experience possible within the app. Information gathered like what pages are most visited, what features are most used. All these information is stored by Google and helps us improve the app and make the experience more pleasant.
- Fabric – Used to detect bugs and app crashes, it allows us to see where our code has failed and provides us with the required information in order to fix it and improve our users experience within the app.
- Apple – In order to have your data persist in the cloud, we use iCloud to store your data. This data is private only to you and no one has access to it, not even Apple. We do not collect or store your iCloud user id and we do not have access to your data. You are in charge of your data and are at liberty to delete it at any time.
Bookly website tracking
Social media sharing
Bookly allows user to share their data on social media using the Apple “Share” feature. This feature may collect your internet protocol address, which page you are visiting, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Once you share your content on third party social media services like Facebook or Twitter, your interactions with these will be governed by the privacy statement of those companies.
Where do we store your information
Your rights and your preferences
You may be aware that a new European Union law, called the General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR” gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. Accordingly, we have implemented additional transparency and access controls in our More page to help users take advantage of those rights. As available and except as limited under applicable law, the rights afforded to individuals are:
- Right of Access – the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you;
- Right to Rectification – the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to Erasure – the right to request that we delete your personal data;
- Right to Restrict – the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data;
- Right to Object –
- the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- Right to Data Portability – the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service; and
- Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making – the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
Starting with version 1.7.3 of our Bookly app we ask for your consent to gather the app usage information described above (under the “Information we might collect from you” section), this will give you more control as you can opt out or opt in at any time.
Access to and deletion of information
While we do not collect identifying information that could help identify you, we do use third parties services that collects and stores that information that you can delete. If you want your info to be deleted, please email us at email@example.com and we will walk you through the process of doing that in a reasonable time frame.
E-mails shared with Bookly
While we do not ask for your e-mail in order for you to use the Bookly app, you do have the option to e-mail our Support in order to ask for information or to share your thoughts about the app with us. These unsolicited e-mails are securely stored in our e-mail client and can be removed at any time given you inform us to do so.